You would’ve got how to start files sharing
samba service running in your linux machine in the previous post ( If you haven’t yet [part1] ). Now lets go to the fun part – accessing the file system from your Android phone.
You need to access the samba shared files in
/media/sam/mypics from your Android phone.
- Android phone with ES-Explorer or similar app installed
- Your linux machine having samba service running
The approach is still the same:
Install FTP server and samba file share in your linux machine with login. Access it via your ES Explorer in Android phone
- Setup a WiFi hotspot in your Android phone, and connect your laptop with it
- Obtain the IP address of your Linux machine by
- Open ES-Explorer in your Android phone, and go to LAN -> Add new as per the figure
- Give the IP address of the Linux machine you got, and the username and password as what you gave while setting up Samba ( ref: [part1] ).
- Next time, you can see that your FTP server automatically shows up !
- Enjoy 🙂